Thu, 19 Nov|
Imago Clinical Training
For psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists seeking expertise in couples’ therapy. The Training Program consists of three modules of 4 days each followed by 6 months of clinical supervision to a required level of competence for certification.
Time & Location
19 Nov 2020, 09:30 – 22 Nov 2020, 17:30
London, Belsize Park
About the Event
A clinical and theoretical overview of Imago Relationship Therapy including:
- Basic ideas of Imago Relationship Theory
- The Imago Dialogue: Demonstration and practice of core relationship skills
- The impact of neuroscience and clinical research on our understanding of relationship and clinical practice
- A developmental model enabling couples to identify their interactional cycles arising from character adaptations
- Relationship between IMAGO and spirituality
- The role of the Imago Relationship therapist
- Meta-Theory – The Four Journeys of the Self
- Conscious Relationship: dissolving emotional symbiosis through differentiation
- Imago Consultation Process: intervention demonstrated in live.
Clinical Training Program in Imago Relationship Therapy
The first part is a 96 hour (12-day) training program which is usually completed in three sessions, each four days long. The sessions are scheduled over a period of time to enable trainees to practice with clients and prepare tapes.
Module 1 (days 1-4) November 2020, 19th-22nd
Module 2 (days 5-8) TBC
Module 3 (days 9-12) TBC
The second part is based around a six month program of supervision which prepares for submission of a final clinical videotape for evaluation as well as written reports.
Pre-requisites: Attendance at a “Getting the Love You Want” workshop. Membership in UKCP or equivalent nationally recognized regulating body with standards of training, supervision and ethics.